Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Incredible Shrinking SJG

Yesterday my gynecologist, a nice gal who delivered my uterus 14 years ago, casually informed me, "You're shrinking."
"How much?"
"Half an inch since last year."
"Are you kidding me? I'm no longer 5'1?"
"You're 5 feet and a half."
"What gives?"
"Gravity."
"Gravity's to blame?"
"Gravity's dragging you down."
"Great."
"Eventually, gravity will drag you six feet under."
"Wow. You really went dark on me."
"Slide forward and put your feet in the stirrups."

2 comments:

  1. Not to nitpick, but I'm a bit confused (it may be a boy thing.) How did your OBGYN deliver a uterus and did it shrink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was more fun than saying hysterectomy. And it didn't shrink - it enlarged thanks to benign tumors. I may be the first (and last) to describe uterin removal this way.

    ReplyDelete