Thursday, October 5, 2017

So There's That

So now that my stupendous future DIL is here and all is right with my tiny personal world, kina hora, poo poo poo, have I momentarily run out of things to worry about? Let me think about that. Of course not. Just yesterday, I found something new to worry about, courtesy of my adorable MIL. Our conversation went something like this:

"I checked the weather for the party."
"Me, too. I've been checking, obsessively."
"Did you check in the last few days?"
"I checked last week."
"Uh huh."
"Do I detect an uh oh in that uh huh?"
"You detect a T."
"A T?"
"T as in -- "
"Don't say it."
"Thunderstorm."
"Dear God, no!"
"Maybe it's wrong."
"Maybe it's right."
"Let's not panic."
"I need to hang up and call the caterer."

A backyard post-wedding party. A potential T-storm. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment