Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Celestial Snub

I could've pulled off this Frances McDormand look! 

Dear Met Gala,
Once again, I'm hurt. So hurt. Do you have any idea how hurt I am? Deeply. Two years ago, I asked you people to wait for me. Just postpone the event till I arrive in New York. Did you wait? No. This year, I asked again. I told you I'd be in New York next week. I told you I'd arrive in a heavenly fashion, per the theme, via a cloud, with harp music in the background. I said I'd be delighted to attend the Met Gala, as God intended. But did you wait for me, Aging Fashion Icon of Sherman Oaks? No, you did not. You went ahead without me. The fact that you never even sent an invite to Fashion's Biggest Night hurts even more. What does an International Blogging Sensation such as myself have to do to get your attention? I demand to know what up with this second epic snub. The only way to repair the damage is to re-stage the whole shebang. You heard me. I want a Do-Over.
The SJG deserves a chance to look like a bishop.

Or maybe a very chic nun. 

Just get the whole "Heavenly Bodies & the Catholic Imagination" gang back together. How hard could it be? Get busy, Met People. This is your cross to bear.
Hugs,
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment