Friday, December 31, 2021

Shalom, 2021

So, it's the final day of this crapola year, and I've already replaced my 2021 calendar on the fridge with my 2022. I'm tempted to leave my 2021 up on the fridge, not because the pages announce wonderful upcoming events. I pretty much stayed home again. Calendar-wise, it's hard for me to take down 2021. Every month features a fabulous photo of my granddaughter, frozen in time. 

But time marches on, and so must my calendar, an old school tradition I will never surrender, Dorothy. Never. At the moment, like so many of us, I feel like I'm marching in reverse. Double-vaxxed and boosted, we almost made it out of 2021 without someone in the family catching you-know-what. Then, right before Christmas, four treasured someones got the omnipresent, dreaded It. My eldest, his wife, their toddler and baby boy. Scary doesn't quite cover it. They're much better now, recovered, kina hora. We're incredibly grateful and relieved. If there's ever a time to count blessings, and keep counting them, it's today. 

So, as my late great Daddy Ben used to say, "Onward!" Let's put one foot in front of the other and try not to trip. Let's keep marching toward the good things that await us. 
Happy New Year! 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, Steve! To you and yours as well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. So happy all is better, if not all well! Damn. I bet that WAS scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! It was frightening. But onward! Mwwwwah!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Carol & Howard! So glad your family has survived 2021 and is now moving onward to happier and healthier days. 2022 is hear and we will celebrate as soon as John has another party. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete