Monday, August 23, 2021

Good Answer

This morning, on the occasion of our 41st wedding anniversary, I'm happy to report that I can still surprise longtime hubby. By now, you'd think I would've already asked him all the important questions. But today, a new one popped into my keppy. As I repositioned his early morning sweatshirt, draped ever-so-casually over his manly executive schlep bag, I asked:

"Honey, are you going to be wearing this sofa today?"

"Um..."

"Oh, sh*t. Did I just ask if you're going to be wearing a sofa?"

"You did."

"If this isn't early dementia, what is?"

"It's just your brain processing too much at the same time."

Let's face it. The man just gets me. For 41 years, I've been posing all kinds of questions. Nonsensical. Rhetorical. Multiple choice. And he always knows the best answer. 

After the sofa inquiry, I followed up with this: 

"Honey? Would you still marry me today?" 

"Yes, I would, over and over again." 

See what I mean?

4 comments: