Friday, June 26, 2020

Appeaser In Chief

Well, sometimes a rapidly aging goddess must kvell over herself. If I don't, who will? Turns out, I've made a little tiny bit (or if you prefer, a bissel) progress in the "Sir Blakey Kinda-Sorta Adapts to The Grandbaby" department. All it took was a tankless emergency to force his paw. Who said everything has to work in a house at the same time? Not the Ten Commandments, I can tell you that much. "Thou Shalt Have Warm Water" didn't make it in the final draft. Tanks a lot, Moses. "We all need to bathe," Billy announced, and who I am, the Grand Enabler of Sherman Oaks, to deny his family of three?  When the tankless water heater went on the fritz, a nice bath overrode the endless needs of the unpredictable Royal Rescue Pup of Questionable Lineage. In a minor miracle, he was relatively calm, on and off, as he tried to adjust to the odd noises and smells of the angel girl/parental sleep depriver. I did my best to appease him while cradling Claire. If the above photo doesn't illustrate a lifelong SJG trend of trying to placate every living creature, human or canine, makes no diff, all the time, I surrender my membership in Pleasers Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment