Sunday, June 23, 2019

Old Spice

One Sunday, you're at a chateau in France. The next, you're sorting through the kitchen cabinet with longtime hubby, aghast at what's been hiding in there forever:
"Oh my god. This can of decaf dates back to the Pleistocene Era."
"Should we call the Smithsonian?"
"First thing Monday morning."
"I bet they don't know they had decaf back then."
"And this ancient Chock Full o' Nuts proves it."
"I'm seeing dollar signs."
"I'm seeing Old Bay. My sweet daddy loved that seasoning."
"We never opened it."
"And we never will."
On and on it went, the evacuation of expired spices, cans of stale bread crumbs, plastic containers of elderly honey, and a box of Sweet & Low from last century. At the end of this journey, we made a vow to do better. Like that's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment