Monday, January 4, 2010

Oh, Nine!



Adios, Nine.  Guess you meant well. 
See ya later.  Ba-bye.
Leave a message.  Keep it real, dude.
Call my cell.  Drop a line.
You can text me.  Or Facebook me. 
Spellcheck me, if you like.
You can Google me.  Speed dial me.
YouTube me.  Be nice. 
Then again, Nine, never mind, man.
You came up short this time.
Gave me bupkis.  Broke my heart some. 
Made me cry late at night.
Met a new year.  So much hotter. 
Whispers sweet stuff.  Oh, my!
Makes me blush hard.  Makes me happy. 
Makes me tingly inside.

You and me, Nine, it was fun, dude. 
It was just one of those things.
Pack your bags, Nine.  Take the carry-on. 
Leave the explosives behind.
Wish you well, Nine.  Look outside, hun. 
Moving van's open wide. 
Hurry up, guy.  Pick the pace up. 
Make it snappy.  Oh, nine!

Take your leave now.  Take a hike now.
You're past due now.  Expired.
Up to you, Ten.  Make it happen. 
Stroke of midnight.  Do me right. 
Once that ball drops, I'll be waitin'. 
I'll be singin' your praise.
Tootin' horns and celebratin'.
I expect better things!

4 comments:

  1. I totally concur! Ten, no pressure, but you better deliver. Happy New Year, SJG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. i wish it was published somewhere - it's just so fucking right on! i've sent it to tons of people. xxoo amy

    ReplyDelete