Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Happy Make-Believe Birthday, Sir Blakey

According to the make-believe-it's-your-birthday-gods, today is the make-believe 6th birthday of none other than... trumpets please... Sir Blakey, the Royal Rescue Pup of Questionable Lineage. I was going to bake him a doggy cake. Okay, fine, you know me too well, in terms of my culinary limitations, I wasn't going to bake him a doggy cake, I was going to buy him a doggy cake. But then, and there's no nice way to put this... yesterday, he made a pre-b'day celebratory yak on his preferred indoor spot, the living room rug. Any surprise treats must wait. This morning, I'm happy to report, he's in fine form, digestive and otherwise (kina hora), and spunky as ever, determined to capture his biggest demon, specifically, any squirrel that crosses his path. I just love his optimism and drive. We could all learn a few things from Sir Blakey, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment