Friday, May 31, 2019

Snooze Control

"Hellody?"
"Hi, this Antonio Bizbaz from the Future."
"Antonio who?"
"Bizbaz. From the Future."
"The Future?"
"Future Auto."
"Okay."
"Where you leased your advanced vehicle."
"Sorry, I'm a little sleep deprived. I've been up for four days straight, reading the owner's manual."
"Exciting news. There's a system update for exhaustion."
"Go on."
"You put your auto on Snooze Control, drift off to Dreamland and wake up at your destination, fully refreshed."
"Holy crap, Antonio, when it's available?"
"Soonish."
"Could you be more specific?"
"Mid-2020."
"That's probably for the best. I can't even set my favorite radio stations."
"But I showed you how to do that."
"It went in one pipik and out the other."
"Pipik?"
"Pipik, pupik, you get the gist."
"Not even a little. So tell me, are you happy with your advanced vehicle?"
"Well, Antonio, after watching 42 videos of people I don't know and wouldn't want to know, doing a bad job explaining things, I can now start the engine."
"In-person demos are better. Would you like to stop by for a nice refresher?"
"Once I figure out how to back out of the driveway, I'll be right over."

No comments:

Post a Comment