Friday, May 8, 2020

Hide & Seek

Maybe it's the quarantine, maybe it's the heat wave, but lately, Sir Blakey has developed a fondness for Hide & Seek. I let him out, he lets in the mosquitoes, those bastards, making an early spring arrival, and at some point, I go out to check on him. "Blakey!" Nothing. "Blakey!" In terms of a response, bupkis. I look around. The gates are closed. Phew. So where the bleep is the boy? "Come out, come out, wherever you are!" He remains hidden. Not nice. Not even a little. Now I'm looking around, peeking under bushes, until finally, I find him. "You naughty bear. You scared me. Not funny, buddy." Something tells me he disagrees. I'm pretty sure he's laughing on the inside.
Social distancing. Another concept Blakey refuses to welcome into his repertoire. See him snuggling up to a certain pregnant gal who manages to look chic at 38 weeks? That's a magic trick I never pulled off, schlepping the sons in utero.
Oh, who's this gal with the emerging mullet? And how many mosquito bites has she received? I'll let you know when I'm done counting. Meanwhile, happy...Wednesday... Thursday Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment