Saturday, May 23, 2015

Still Waiting For Directions

I bet these folks can help me.

The other day, I asked the social media universe, "Can you take me to Funkytown?" Sadly, no one offered up directions. Disappointing. But then, what isn't? So the SJG had to take matters into my own little hands. Like so many things in life, I had to figure out how to get there myself. And I did, because I'm a doer. Turns out, Funkytown, for those interested, is located on Hollywood Boulevard, in the vicinity of the Pantages Theater, where "Motown: The Musical" currently lives. This afternoon, along with my favorite troublemakers, brother John and his good friend Erlin, I'll get about as funky as the SJG can get while seated. I'll pretend I'm actually seeing The Jackson Five. I'll make believe it's Diana Ross up there, and Smokey Robinson and Marvin Gaye. Chances are excellent I'll sing along with my favorite songs, till someone suggests I shut the eff up, or management intervenes. Just kidding. I'll be good. Always a challenge, but I'll give it my best rim shot.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun! I've heard it's a very nostalgic event for people of a certain age...AHEM! Wear your go-go boots and fringe.

    ReplyDelete