Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Doctor Will See You Now



                                            Freudian Cigar

The other day, I went to a memorial for a dear family friend, held at the Silent Movie Theater on Fairfax.  The man was a beloved Hollywood publicist and the turnout was huge.  I grew up with his daughters and hadn't seen them in ages.  They're both in the biz.  One of them is a prominent casting agent I've had the pleasure of working with in the past.  When I walked up to give her a consoling hug, she got a funny look on her face. "Carol, are you still writing?"  I nodded.  Of course, I'm still writing. What else am I qualified to do? "Why do you ask?" I said.  "Well, I heard you'd become a therapist." My husband and I started to laugh.  "Only for my immediate family and friends," I said. "Who told you I was a therapist?"  "My sister heard about a therapist named Carol Schneider." "Huh," I said.  "I wonder what I'm charging."

No comments:

Post a Comment