Monday, June 7, 2010

How Did That Happen?


                    Done.  Now What?

Don't cry, sweetie.  Let go of my leg.  I'll be back soon, I promise.  I always come back.  See, here I am.  How'd it go?  Did you have fun?  You made that picture for me?  I love it.  I love you.  Take a cookie.  One cookie.  Okay, two.  Take a nap.  Take a bath.  Sleep tight.  She's a nice teacher.  It's a nice school.  Look at the playground.  You'll like it here.  I'll be back soon.  Stop screaming.  Stop crying.  Get out of the car. Don't forget your lunch.  Don't forget your homework.  Don't talk in class.  Don't forget to pee.  Don't throw that at me.  Come back here.  Go to your room.  Go play outside.  Go back and say you're sorry.  Did you have to make that face when they took the photo?  Did you finish your homework?  Did you brush your teeth?  Did you remember to say thank you?

What the hell is a diorama?  When's it due?  You have to make a mission?  A mobile?  A poster?  When's it due?  Tall ships?  You go on a ship?  Do I have to go, too?  You got an A - S - S.  You got a D - E - E.  You're getting a math tutor.  Don't hit your brother.  Don't make your brother cry.  Be nice to your brother.  Here's your baseball stuff.  Here's your hockey stuff.  Here's your basketball stuff.  Here's your skateboard.  Be careful.  I don't care.  You're going.  Because I said so.  It's only twice a week.  Do it for us.  Do it for your grandparents.  Do it for yourself.  See.  We knew you could do it.  Best Bar Mitvah ever.  Fasten your seatbelt.  Put the car in drive.  Careful.  Not so fast.  Slow down.  That's it.  Take my car.  Don't forget your wallet.  Don't forget your key. 

What time are you coming home?  You got home too late.  Next time, call.  Is it that time already?  It's a great campus.  You'll like it here.  I'm not going to cry.  See you soon.  See you at Thanksgiving.  Have fun at the concert.  Have fun on the hike.  Have fun snowboarding.  Have fun mountain biking.  Have fun in Denmark.  I'm not going to cry.  See you in December.  See you in April.  See you in June.  See you on Friday.  What time is graduation?  I am so going to cry.

7 comments: