Friday, November 6, 2015

Category Four Hurricane Carol Makes Landfall

The SJG at H&R Block City Stage, Kansas City,
where "Brushes: A Comedy of Hairs" 
will premiere April 2016 

Note to self: When asked by the stewardess, "Would you like something to drink?" do not, under any circumstances, say, "What have you got?" The look on the poor woman's face registered 800 difference emotions, the most prominent being hostility and, "Will I get fired if I throw this short person off the plane?" I'm telling you, people, I meant no harm. I drew a blank. I needed options. She offered none. Plus, she wasn't even pushing a cart full of beverages. Instead of answering, "We've got booze, coffee, booze, soda, booze..." she didn't answer me. She just bore a hole through my delicate soul with her steely stare. Where does one go to get a soul repair in Kansas, by the way? So I had to come up with an answer on my own. Lesson learned. When in doubt, no matter the situation, just say, "Orange juice."

Cathy Hamilton, co-conspirator. 
We've decided we like faraway 
shots of ourselves the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment