Saturday, November 28, 2015

Sweata Weatha!

"Hello, old friend."
"Hello, yourself."
"What? You're not happy?"
"For months you walk right past me, you never talk to me."
"I'm talking to you now."
"Only because you need me."
"It's finally cold outside."
"And once it warms up, you'll neglect me again."
"I'll always love you."
"Ha! You loved me when you bought me. I was young and pretty and you folded me, nicely. Then, you got lazy. You started hanging me up with the others. Now I'm out of shape. You take me for granted. You assume I'll always be here."
"You're a sweater. Where else would you be?"
"Out to dinner, or, God forbid, a movie. I'd settle for anywhere."
"Would you prefer a pile for Goodwill?"
"No thanks, I'm good. Don't worry about me. I'll just sit here in the dark."
"We could go to the market. Would you like that?"
"Compared to spending another day in this closet, yes."
"I don't understand the resentment. You're surrounded by friends."
"Friends? Please. The long-sleeves never talk to me. They're my competition. You put on a long-sleeve, you might not need me."
"I need you both. It's cold."
"You say that now, but tomorrow the temperature could go up and it's back to the T-shirts."
"You don't like the T-shirts?"
"The T-shirts are mean. They talk about me behind my back. They say I'm too heavy most of the year."
"Stop kvetching and I'll take you to New York with me. It's really cold there."
"Do I have to share a suitcase with the others?"
"Maybe I'll wear you on the plane."
"Promises, promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment