Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Leftovers

And so they came, the little people in costumes, the big people in costumes. There were Harry Potters and Bumble Bees, Zombies and Princesses. Not that many, but in the SJG mindset, plenty. I put on my sneakers. I ran back and forth to the front door until it was enough already. I turned to hubby and said, "You go." Most importantly, I hit an all-time low in candy consumption. I faced my demons, people. I stared down the Peanut M&Ms. And I won. I only ate two of the fun-size. Two. That was it. This is huge for me. I deprived myself of the Reeses (my drug of choice). I ignored the Kit-Kats and the Snickers. I let the goodies stay in the decorative Halloween bowl. I didn't send them on a quick journey to my hips. I'm kvelling on my own behalf. Finally, I've done something real, something to tell the future grandchildren (kina hora). There's no telling what might happen today. There are still mini-Reeses on the premises. But last night? Last night, I stayed strong. I showed a little thing called self-control. Here's hoping I still have some of that on reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment