Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Three Little Words

Dear SJG,
I made so much brisket, I have leftovers up the wazoo. Please guide me on this matter before I plotz from exhaustion.
Thanks,
Tenderized in Tarzana
Dear Tenderized,
I, too, have a tendency to mass produce this challenging meat, in case an army of trespassers from the lesser parts of Sherman Oaks should God forbid stop by, unannounced. As a solution, so simple you might want to kick yourself in the tuchas for not thinking of it already, I offer you three little words first uttered by none other than Albert Einstein: "Freeze the leftovers." To Einstein and the SJG, it's all relative. Swaddled tightly in your Earth Day-approved, plant-based cling wrap, the brisket you slaved over will keep till next Passover. If your family is anything like mine, they'll wash it all down with leftover Manischewitz and tell you, "It's so much better than last year's brisket."
You're Welcome,
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment