Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A Visit From Dino

Brace yourself. Last night, I forgot to turn off my cell phone. Why? I'll tell you why. Because I don't know why. What I do know is this. When the ting-a-ling-a-ling woke up longtime hubby, Sir Blakey and me around 4 a.m., Dean Martin popped into my crowded keppy and before I knew it, I was changing the lyrics to "That's Amore." Apologies to Harry Warren, Jack Brooks, and of course, Dino.

When the ding on your phone wakes you up with its tone,
That's annoying
When the guy on your right tends to snore every night,
That's annoying
Phones will ring, ting-a-ling-a --

"Can you not sing right now?"
"Was I singing?"
"Uh, yeah."
"I thought I was think-singing."
"You were singing-singing."
"How'd I sound?"
And now this:


No comments:

Post a Comment