Friday, November 15, 2019

The Rabbi and the Parrots

"Nu?"

One day, Betty approaches her Rabbi after the service and says to him, "Rabbi, I have a problem.  I have two female talking parrots, but they only know how to say one thing." "What do they say?" the Rabbi asks.
"They only know how to say, 'Hello, we're prostitutes, want to have some fun?'"
"Why, that's terrible!" the Rabbi says, "but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots over to my house tomorrow and I will put them with my two male talking parrots whom I taught to pray and read Hebrew. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and your female parrots will learn to praise and worship."
"Oh thank you, Rabbi," Betty says.
The next day she brings her female parrots to the Rabbi's house. His two male parrots are wearing tiny yamulkes and praying in their cage. Betty puts her two female parrots in with the male parrots and the female parrots say, "Hello, we're prostitutes, want to have some fun?"
One male parrot looks over at the other male parrot and exclaims, "Our prayers have been answered!"

Sadie was a Reuters journalist. One year, she was assigned to their Jerusalem office and her apartment overlooked the Wailing Wall. On her first morning, as she was getting ready to go to the office, she looked out her window and saw an old man praying vigorously, his head bobbing up and down rapidly. So Sadie, seeing an interesting story in the making, went down to talk to him. "How often do you come here to pray?"
"Every day," he said. "I have come here to pray on this spot every day for the last 20 years."
"You come every day to the wall? What are you praying for?"
"I pray for peace in this angry world in the morning. Then I go home, have my lunch, and come back in the afternoon. Then I pray for a world free of illness and disease."
Sadie is amazed. "How do you feel coming here every day for 20 years and praying for these things?"
The old man looks at her, sadly. "Like I'm talking to a wall."

http://www.awordinyoureye.com/jokes18thset.html

No comments:

Post a Comment