Friday, October 24, 2014

Make It Work!

"Channel your inner winner."
I'm trying, Tim. I'm trying.

It took a while, but eventually, I got hubby hooked on my favorite program. We don't always share the same viewing habits, as I may have mentioned.  He's upstairs watching "CNBC." I'm downstairs watching "The Today Show."  He's downstairs watching the Watch Channel. I'm upstairs watching "Revenge." But a few years back, I said to him, "Just watch this. Give it five minutes. If you hate it, I'll go upstairs and watch it." In this way, I enabled hubby.  Now he needs his weekly fix of "Project Runway," or he starts to shake, involuntarily.  He's got it bad, poor guy.  He walks around quoting Tim Gunn. "Make it work, bitches!" "Honey, he doesn't say 'bitches." I always have to correct him on that one, sometimes in public, yet. But not when he channels Heidi Klum. "As you know in fashion one day you're in, and the next, you're out."

And last night, he knew just what to say when I started weeping, uncontrollably. It was the Season Finale and when it comes to "Project Runway," those always make me howl like a baby with a wet diapy. "I wanted Amanda to win. She's so brave. She came back and look what happened. She made it to Fashion Week. Everyone deserves a second chance," I sobbed. "There, there," hubby said. "And... and... and.... her brother's in Maroon 5! He's so busy and he came to Fashion Week! Wasn't that nice?" "So nice." "Sean was good, but come on. Too much with the fringe.  It should've been Amanda." "But it wasn't." "Waaaaaaahhhhh."

No comments:

Post a Comment