Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Slice of Heaven

Mr. Hotness Himself

Sadly, the dudes didn't have the best night on "American Idol."  They either went too far with bizarre reinterpretations (Todrick, "Since U Been Gone"), went for style over substance (Tyler, "American Woman,") or just plain butchered it (Andrew, Fall Out Boy's "Sugar, We're Goin' Down.") I think Andrew has major talent and will be okay.  There were many bum notes, many moments that made me hide behind my pillow, but there were a few high points.  Joe took on Jason Mraz' "You and I Both" and almost nailed it.  And then there's the woof-worthy Casey James, singing "Heaven," which has been DONE TO DEATH on "American Idol."  He's the break-out star, in my humble opinion, not just because he's gorgeous, in a Greg Allman kind of way.  He's talented.  I'm not loving the whole Kara the Cougar thing.  It's embarrassing and dumb.  Ryan had the best line of the night, when he mentioned she'd be in an HR meeting on Friday.  I only hope they don't milk the harassment thing too much more; it's already old.  So take a listen to Casey, he's the real deal and deserves some R- E- S-P- E- C- T.


                                       Casey James, "Heaven"

No comments:

Post a Comment