Sunday, July 11, 2010

Desk Watch: 2010

                                 A Moveable Desk

Today we awoke to a puzzling sight.  The desk that had once dwelled in a scenic college town had magically relocated, without asking permission first.  It seemed that the desk had decided:  "Screw the dining room, I've had it.  I'm moving to the hall."  At first we were visibly perturbed, and who wouldn't be?  The desk hadn't bothered to consult us, which we found rude, indeed.  But ultimately, we concluded that the recent resident of Santa Cruz had made a wise choice.  There's no denying that the desk looks better in the hall than it did in the dining room.  Even so, as much as we'd like to disguise its original intent -- to serve as landing pad for the eldest's assorted scholarly crap -- and reinvent it as a multi-purpose buffet table/tschotke console, we must agree with Siggy Freud, who put it so succinctly:  "Sometimes a desk is just a desk."  That said, we will do our best to convert the damn desk into something slightly more spectacular.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol!!!!! I was deleting all my spam emails and as it they were disappearing your name popped up for one second and I couldn't retrieve it. I just saw it a few minutes ago. I would never have dismissed it. I hope you get this and please resend me an email if you can and I'll look for it. I'm exposing my lack of knowledge -- using "anonymous" as my option as the others don't fit. It was so wonderful to see you at our LOEWs reunion. Please try me again. My email is my first initial and lastname at sbcglobal.net. Hugs, hugs and more hugs! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, to be spammed you is an honor, indeed. I will email you with glee momentarily.

    ReplyDelete