Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last Night At Dinner


                 Bring back Paula!

Eldest:  Ellen DeGeneres is taking over for Simon?
Me:  Where have you been?
Eldest:  College.
Me:  She just quit the show.  Simon's gone, too.
Eldest:  Oh.
Youngest:  How do you not know that?
Eldest:  I don't give a @#$% about "American Idol."



Hubby:  That's obvious.
Me:  I miss Paula.
Hubby:  You should know this stuff.
Eldest:  Like it's going to come up in a job interview? 
Hubby:  If it does, you're screwed.
Youngest:  What do you think about J-Lo as a judge?
Me:  She was a good mentor.  It might work.
Youngest:  What about Steven Tyler?
Hubby: The Aerosmith guy?  He's eff'n ugly.  Why would you put someone like that on TV?  Think of the closeups.
Me:  He's pretty talented.
Hubby:  He's pretty eff'n ugly.
Me:  I'm glad Kara's gone.  She bugs the sh*t outta me.
Eldest:  They should make me a judge.
Me:  Not before they make me a judge.
Youngest:  You should apply, Mom.
Me:  Already done.  Just waiting for the call.
Hubby: You got my vote.

1 comment:

  1. And Ellen leaving was so low key in the press! I love me some Ellen! Steven Tyler? Why Lord oh why?

    ReplyDelete