Friday, January 3, 2020

A Little Obsessed

French Baby gifts from Chloé's French friends 

Okay, so maybe I'm more than a little baby-to-be-obsessed. Is this healthy for your SJG? Hmm. Let me get back to you on that. Meanwhile, I can't help myself. The baby girl isn't even arriving till mid-May, kina hora, poo poo poo, the shower I'm throwing Chlo-Chlo isn't until end of March. And yet, I am a grandma in training. This is serious work, people. It takes preparation, Talmudic study and deep reflection. What's that? It's the role I'm born to play? That goes without saying, even so, here I am in my adorably cluttered office, in need of a handmade sign that says "Gone Googlin'." Who has time to make a sign? I'm way too busy. Yesterday, when I should've been working on my new play, I was ordering baby shower favors, instead. The choice was pretty clear. Re-read "Macbeth" (don't ask) or devour Pinterest for clever ideas? Pinterest, duh. What do I know about baby shower favors? Bupkis. The whole adult party favor thing is fairly new. For me, the cut-off was pre-Bar Mitzvah. I haven't put together a plastic bag of crappy toys, teeth-destroying candy and whatever little boys liked in the '90s since, well, the '90s. I'm in new territory here.
Chloé in Paris. I don't remember looking this
glam at five months preggers. Or ever,
for that matter. 
The parents-to-be in Paris, jetting home as we
speak. If only they could teleport and be here
sooner. Is that too much to ask? 

No comments:

Post a Comment