Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Other Side

Dear SJG,
I just found out that my best friend Azalea has moved to the other side. I'm so shocked I could plotz, but I've got a lot on my plate. Azalea and I have always been on the same side. She didn't even give me a heads up. I'm hurt, betrayed and altogether confused. How should I handle this? I've known Azalea since I shared my cream cheese and olive sandwich with her in second grade.
Sincerely,
Verklempt in Valencia
Dear Verklempt,
Listen, sometimes friends move to the other side and forget to leave a forwarding address. Try not to take it personally. I'm kidding. Sure, Azalea might've mentioned it, but maybe she knew you'd get mad so she took the easy way out. The good news is you have choices. You can beg her to come back. You can let her go. You can try to see things her way. You can bring her a nice coffee cake from Gelson's and let the crumbs fall where they may.
You're Welcome,
The SJG

No comments:

Post a Comment