Wednesday, February 5, 2020

That's Not On The Menu

"Did I hear that correctly?"

Let's just say that a belated b'day celebration with the lovely Carla created beacoup de confusion in our crowded keppies when we went here over the weekend:
Ladurée in Beverly Hills 

Our "authentic French experience" went something like this:
"I feel terrible."
"Don't feel terrible."
"Should we leave?"
"Don't be silly."
"Let's leave."
"I don't want to leave. It's so pretty here."
"It really is."
"Plus we look good in here."
"We really do."
"I should always surround myself in pastel."
"So you don't mind staying?"
"Not at all."
"They should've told me when I made the reservation."
"They wanted it to be a surprise."
"It wasn't like this the last time I was here."
"When was that?"
"Two years ago."
"Ask the waitress what the @#$% happened."
"Excuse me, when did this place go vegan? Not that there's anything wrong with that."
"No, of course not."
"Five months ago."
"But why?"
"Corporate decision."
"What about Beverly Hills screamed vegan?"
"Honestly? I have no idea. Please don't tell the manager I said that."
"So are you saying the macarons -- ?"
"Vegan."
"What's the filling made of?"
"Cashew."
"Oy vey."
"I was dying for an omelette."
"You can still have an omelette."
"Made of?"
"Not eggs."
"I'll have the French toast."
"You'll love it."
"What about the Not Egg spinach omelette?"
"It's my favorite."
"But will I love it?"
"You won't know the difference."
"What's it made of?"
"Tofu."
"I'll know the difference."
"If it doesn't work for you, tell the manager, Thierry, the French guy in the suit."
"Wowza."
"I know, right? Isn't he hot? Please don't tell him I said that."
"We would never."
"Speak for yourself, Carla. I might, depending on the omelette."

1 comment: