Tuesday, February 18, 2020

This Sums It Up

Oh dear God, what is going on here? Hmmm.... who do we know who'd be... well, there's no nice way to put it, crazy enough to dangle head first over a stacked washer-dryer unit, just to make sure everything's kosher back there, in terms of pipes and hook ups and what-not? I'll give you a little time to think about it. Okay, time's up. That would be longtime hubby. This photo, taken on Saturday by the eldest/new homeowner, pretty much sums up the past few topsy turvy, upside down weeks, the obsessiveness, the parental enabling on a level I didn't even think we were capable of, the supreme dedication, Home Depot schlepping, and endless installation of bathroom vanities, appliances and lights, not to mention the destruction of a fireplace hearth and plumbing wizardry, performed by my one and only, with some assistance from Billy and Chlo-Chlo. All this, plus back and neck strain and a fair amount of cursing, just to move our son and pregnant daughter-in-law into a very old, but charming house, located two minutes away. But wait, what did I do? Plenty. I supervised. I worried. I offered moral support. Listen, when the man retires from show biz, whenever that happens, my biggest fear: he'll spend the rest of his days duplicating the afore-mentioned insanity, knocking on random doors, offering to demolish, hook up, rewire, crawl under, hang over, climb a ladder to reach and repair you-name-it, as any decent neighbor worth his neighborliness would do, if they've got a few screws missing, and I say that with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment