Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Harvey and Sheila

Allan Sherman
Every Sunday of my entire childhood, give or take a Sunday here or there, but not too many (skipping wasn't an option), we gathered in the family room, my dad, my mom, my brothers John and Peter, my Russian grandparents Bill and Sara, and, of course, the SJG.  We ate pretzels, drank soda, played checkers and cards, talked and behaved ourselves, and most importantly, listened to the greatest comedy albums of all time.  "You Don't Have To Be Jewish."  "An Evening with Mike Nichols and Elaine May."  And Allan Sherman. "My Son, the Folk Singer" (1962), "My Son, the Celebrity" (1963), "My Son, the Nut" (1963).  This one goes out to my sweet mom: "Harvey and Sheila," to the tune of, what else, "Hava Nagila."  Enjoy.  Double click. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Mother! Hello Father! Here I am a Camp Granada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I can share. My Zelda! She took the money and ran with the tailor!

    ReplyDelete