Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thinking of You

Grandma Sara, Mom, the baby SJG, Grandpa Bill
Gloria Starr:  Well-dressed.  Well-coiffed.  Well-read.  Well-liked.  Beloved, in fact.  Adored.  Elegant.  Stylish.  Political since Adlai Stevenson.  Big on JFK.  The original SJG.  Come to think of it, she had an inch on me.  Couldn't leave the house without makeup on.  "I'm putting my face on," she'd say, when I called in the morning.  Couldn't look schlumpy if she tried.  Great laugh.  Great smile.  Great friend.  Great mom.  The best.  Eleven years today.  Still miss her.  Always will.  Some things never change. 

5 comments:

  1. God bless Gloria June Kaplan Starr forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is with you always in spirit. As my dear Mom is with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely tribute, Carol. And that picture! Girl, could you get your mouth open any wider?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahha, BG. Caught again with my boca grande!

    ReplyDelete