Monday, October 18, 2010

Hold The Back Page


Air Force Lieutenants Bill Cox, Ben Starr and
Jack Renchor (Molesworth, England 1944)
I asked my dad what it feels like to be 89 years old: "What comes to mind immediately is:  will I get to be 90? I think I’ll go for it. Then, hey, people have lived to be 114. Now we’re talkin’. Maybe I can reach 115. The oldest person in the world!  I’d get my picture in the papers and probably guest on SNL. But that’s not the real reason I want to be that old. The real reason is that at 115, my social security check each month would be about forty thousand bucks. That’s what I call livin’!"  Happy Birthday, Daddy.  You amaze me.

1 comment:

  1. Put another candle on the Birthday Cake Ben's another year old today!

    Hey SJG fans...check out our amazing Dad's career... Ben Starr up on iMDB!

    ReplyDelete