Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Short Jewish Doggy

Your slippers, m'lady.  They taste divine!
Today's guest blog is written by the Short Jewish Doggy, Dusty Schneider, aka "Mr. Innocent."  I demanded a formal apology, and here's the mixed result:
Dear SJG, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for destroying your slippers while you were on the phone.  But it's really not my fault.  It's yours.  Have you not yet figured out that when you're on the phone, I pull all sorts of crap to get your attention?  This isn't new behavior.  I've been doing it for eight years now.  I grab whatever I can find and run through the house.  A pillow, a dish towel, a sock, a spatula, an oven mitt.  I'm not picky.  I grab, therefore I am.
You give me a treat.  I release the stolen item.  It works in my favor, every time.  But today you weren't paying attention, hence the all-out mastication.  What choice did I have?  Of course, if you had trained me better, I wouldn't act this way.  I'd be perfect.  But let's face it, Mom, you've failed on this level, not to mention others.  Plus, the bottom of the slipper is gourmet stuff.  There's no way I can resist the rubbery goodness.  It's my definition of delish.  So.  Go ahead and be mad at me.  Give me a timeout.  Whatev. Just as long as you know that you're really mad at yourself for leaving your slippers under your desk, instead of keeping them on your tootsies where they belong.  Back to that heartfelt apology, even though this is more your eff-up than mine.  Like I said, I'm sorry.  I'll never do it again.  (Total lie.)  Later, you can go out and buy a nice new pair of fuzzies for me to steal at my convenience.  Love, SJD

1 comment:

  1. Both 'Penny' & 'Lucky' love a nice used sock foolishly left on the floor. Yum-my

    ReplyDelete