Saturday, October 16, 2010

SJG: Princess Edition


For me?
The other morning, my brother John stops by and makes me a princess crown out of balloons, mainly because I tell him he has to, or I'll cry.  He's always making princess crowns for other little girls.  It's my turn now.  I ask why he makes balloon crowns. "I'm a professional balloon artist.  It's what I do."  I should mention this is not a skill that runs in the family.  I can't even blow up a balloon.
If you'd like to see my brother in action, in the coming months, he plays Wacky Balloon Guy on two shows: "Men of a Certain Age" and "Friends With Benefits." It's true, he's been working his balloon magic for many years now.  And yet, I wonder why it's taken him so freakin' long to make me, his favorite sister, a balloon crown, princess edition.  "You wanted one for free," he says.  "How much is this going to cost me?" "Union rates."  I grab my checkbook.  Some things are worth paying for.  Like princess crowns.
John & "Balloon Dog"
Lucky.  Doesn't he look real?

6 comments:

  1. As well you should me. I don't think I've ever looked lovelier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well you should be. The SJG is spelling-impaired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Brother sounds delightful! I understand you can find his funny blog by Googling : John Starr Blog

    P.S. Thanks for the Balloony Plug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or by clicking on Links I Like: Extra Lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bro is SUPER talented! which is why we LOVE his blogs, too. (on links you like!)

    you, my dahlink, look gorgeous in your crown.
    big wuv to you.
    wolfie

    ReplyDelete