Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Regrets, I've Had A Few

Last night at dance class:
Helen:  Look at Lynne!  Her hair's standing straight up like a troll doll.
Lynne:  I don't look like a troll doll. 
SJG:  You look like Pebbles.
Lynne:  I loved Pebbles.
Helen:  I loved troll dolls.
SJG: I had a mini troll on top of my pencil.
Helen: I wanted to be a troll.
SJG: I wanted to be Barbie. I wanted those legs. 

Lynne: Remember the dreamhouse?
SJG: Remember Skipper? Was she Barbie's little sister or her cousin?
Helen: Sister. Remember Poindexter?
Lynne: Poindexter?
Helen: Ken's friend.
SJG:  I don't remember him. 
Helen:  He was a nerd.
SJG: Remember Barbie's friend Midge?  I always thought she was Jewish.
Lynne: Why would you think that? 
SJG:  Just a hunch.  She had more personality than Barbie.
Helen:  She was the funny sidekick.


SJG:  Worst decision I ever made in my life? I traded in my original Barbie for one with bendable legs.
Lynne:  Why would you do that? 
SJG:  I was young and stupid.  I thought it would be cool to have Barbie bend her legs.
Helen: What was the advantage?
SJG: It was easier to pose her.  Original Barbie's legs were so stiff.  I should've kept the original. 
Lynne:  No one knew back then that Barbie would be collectible.
SJG:  Someone should've stopped me.  My mother.
Helen:  It's her fault, definitely.
SJG:  I gave my whole collection of Barbies away to my friend's bratty sister.
Lynne:  Why would you do that?
SJG:  I was an idiot.
Helen:  You've made some really bad choices, haven't you?
SJG:  Apparently.  What about you?  Did you keep your troll dolls?
Helen:  Of course.  I'm not an idiot.
SJG:  That explains the Porsche.

3 comments:

  1. How I wanted my own Barbie as a little boy! But of course that would have turned me gay, so no go.

    Glad that keeping Barbie from me during childhood made me straight. Hey wait a minute...it didn't work. Barbie Barbie where for art though Barbie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of your autobiography: "Barbie Denial: How Barbie Kept Me Straight (Not Really"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or..."I'm a Barbie Girl...in my Dreams!"

    ReplyDelete