Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Don't Forget Your Tiara

Which hat should I wear?
Quote of the day:  "Forget all the technicalities, Consultant.  You're going to need a fabulous hat.  Start looking, SJG." This comes from my dear friend Cathy Hamilton http://www.boomergirl.com/, a nice Catholic girl from Kansas, who was just a little surprised to learn of the royal couple's plans to convert to Judaism.  Buckingham Palace prefers to stay mum, but the SJG knows what's up.  I have spies everywhere, people. Remember that.  Meanwhile, the search for a fine chapeau to wear to the royal wedding commences.  The fact that I look silly in hats is besides the point.  My friend Romalyn suggests a tiara adorned with diamonds and emeralds, to match my sparkly green eyes.  I do believe I could rock that look, even if, technicalities aside, a tiara is more accessory than hat.  I'm thinking tiara for the royal ball, Aretha Franklin inauguration hat for the royal wedding.  What are your thoughts?
This might work

7 comments:

  1. You could wear Arethra's hat upside down, add a cotton ball to the back of your little black dress, slip into some 4-5" heels and be all set to accompany Hugh to the fete... or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's you, SJG! Thanks for the shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarity. The SJG, Playboy Bunny. Hop hop all the way to Buckingham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sung in the words of Elaine Stritch in the 1970 Broadway Sondheim Classic Musical COMPANY ... "Does anyone still wear...a hat?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome to wear my TRILBY or FEDORA, though I'm not sure that would be fashionable enough for the job at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you, Taryterre. I shall take you to tea.

    ReplyDelete