Friday, September 13, 2019

Louie Louie, You Gotta Go Now

Different friends, same question: "Have you seen the Louis Vuitton Exhibit?" The answer, always the same. "The what's-that-now?" "The Louis Vuitton Exhibit." "Uh, no." Different friends, same shaming: "What's wrong with you?" "Where to begin?" "It's the biggest global event of the year!" "I can think of bigger." "Get your tush over there before it closes November 10th." "Fine, fine, I'm going, leave me the eff alone."
I forced Carla to join me. "But I don't like Louis Vuitton." "I'm going and you're coming with me." "Nat n' Al's first." "Obviously." So yesterday, after deli fortification, we went, we saw the vintage monogrammed luggage and bags, perfume bottles, furniture and so much more. Who knew? We had the best time exhibit-shopping.
The Taylor Swift Met Gala Dress
The Emma Stone Met Gala Dress
The Michelle Williams Academy Awards Dress
Can you say wowza?
I may or may not have gone home and framed all my scarves after seeing this part of the exhibit.
I've always wondered the best way to make my banana portable without squishing it in my handbag. Dangling it by a string? Genius. I never would've thought of that. 
The ArtyCapucines limited-edition handbags by artists
I've never heard of. Retail price: $8,600!

Carla and I made many imaginary purchases, but sadly, the exhibit people didn't take I.O.U.s for a million bucks and change. So get over yourself and get over there. It's free. 468 N. Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills. Hours10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. louisvuitton.com

No comments:

Post a Comment