Saturday, September 21, 2019

Mysteries of The Universe: Parking Edition

My most vivid girlhood fright came when I was 16; I agreed to let my father teach me how to parallel park. It did not end well.
Oh, the nerves, the nerves; the mysteries of finding a parking spot! Oh, the little parking permits, the little bastards that unhinge good fortune once the clock strikes six, and the pricey ticket that follows!
The absolute yearning of one human being for one well-defined space, large enough to fit one's humble vehicle without getting dinged, is one of life's major challenges.
The problem of parking, that is to say the reconciling of our failures to find adequate automotive lodging, with the bounty of luck inherent in the quest, will always remain one of the most disturbing mysteries for both our hearts and our keppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment