Monday, September 2, 2019

That's How It's Done On Labor Day

Over here at the SJG palatial estate, the Upstairs/Downstairs butler just announced he's taking Labor Day off. The nerve. As he headed outside to bark for no reason, he demanded more overtime, more tea time, more "me" time. I quickly set him straight.  
"Sir Blakey?"
"Woof?"
"Your whole day is 'me' time. I command you to vacuum the entire house!"
"Woof."
I really should have been a labor negotiator. Oh, wait, I already did that, when I gave birth to the youngest. "Get this thing out of me now!" I hollered at the labor team, and they did just that. Well done, me!
And now, onto longtime hubby, lounging on the La-Z-Boy, pretending to observe the holiday.
"What's with the slacking off? I'm sure there's something in the house you can fix."
"Such as?"
"I thought I heard something leaking somewhere."
"I'm on it."
Whereupon he sprung to his feet and grabbed his tool box. And that, my friends, is how it's done on Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment