Friday, June 14, 2013

National Let's Play Hooky Day

Did you know that today is National Let's Play Hooky Day?  Well, it is. What's that?  It's not on your calendar?  It's not on mine, either.  I just made it up. How dare I be so bold as to make up a national holiday? How dare you use that tone with me.  I'm the Short Jewish Gal.  I'm allowed to make up stuff.   Not to mention, if the Donut Lovers of America get a national day, why can't I?  Please don't question my logic. Just roll with me.  You heard me.  Call in sick today.  I'll write you a note.  I'll forge your mom's signature, too, for a nice negotiable fee.  Why are you resisting me? Just take the day off, already.  Don't worry about the economy or your mortgage payment or why you ordered that deluxe set of diamond-studded widgets you saw on QVC when you were a little bit farschnickert. You need a day not to think about your poor decisions. So, follow my lead, people. Just tell the boss the SJG gave you permission to kick back and put life on pause, because, let's face it, sometimes life throws too much life at us and we need a break.  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment