Thursday, July 11, 2013

An Accent Wall

A phone call from the eldest:
"So I'm thinking of doing an accent wall."
"That's an expression I've never heard you use in your entire life."
"Paul and Monty did it in their apartment."
"An accent wall?"
"It's changed the whole look."
"Is this my son?"
"I'm tired of all the walls being the same."
"You've only been there a few months."
"I need a pop of color, Mama.  Beige is boring."
"Are you allowed to paint in the apartment?"
"I don't give an eff if I'm allowed to paint.  It's my apartment.  I'll paint if I want to."
"You feel strongly about it."
"They're just going to paint over it when I leave."
"They may charge you for the paint."
"I don't give an eff."
"Okay, then.  What wall are we talking about?"
"Where the table is.  I want it to be its only little area."
"A designated spot for eating."
"That's the idea, Mama."
"What color?"
"Ice coffee."
"With cream, though."
"Yea.  Mocha."
"That could work."
"Or green."
"Green?  I don't know, hon."
"Not a dark green.  A light green."
"Green says hospital waiting room."
"Oh.  I don't want that."
"Get a few samples from the paint store, and see how they look."
"I'm painting on Friday.  I have the day off."
"What's the rush?"
"I want to do it."
"I'd stay in the mocha category."
"I can't wait for you to see it."
"How would that happen?"
"I'll have you over."
"You said that when you moved in."
"You're welcome any time."
"I'm free on Saturday."
"I want to wait till the paint's dry."

No comments:

Post a Comment