Friday, July 12, 2013

Note To Self

Dear Self,
What are all these strange notes you leave yourself?  Upstairs, downstairs.  Bedside.  Deskside.  Kitchenside.  Illegible, incomprehensible scribbles.  Random phone numbers attached to names of people you don't remember.  Did you know them at some point?  You must have.  Case in point:  "Call Janet."  Who's Janet?  And why were you supposed to call her?  She must have been important.  You wrote her name at the bottom of the calendar on the fridge.  A coveted spot.  In ink yet!    Did you even call Janet?  Knowing you, you did.  You called and said, "Hi, Janet."  And Janet said, "Hi.  Who is this?"  And you said, "It's me."  "Why are you calling?"  "I have no idea.  I left myself a note to call you."  "I never told you to call me."  "Then why did I write your name and number down?" "I don't know."  "I don't know, either."  "Don't call me again."  "I won't."  "Bye."  "Bye, Janet."

No comments:

Post a Comment