Sunday, July 14, 2013

The SJG Greeting

Some people say hello.
Some say hello dere!
Some say hi.
Some say hi-yo!
Some say what up?
Some say whassup?
Some just say 'sup?
Some people say what's new?
Some just say nu?
Some say hey.
The SJG says something else.
The SJG says hellody!
Why do I say hellody?
I have no idea.
I think I made it up.
Or maybe I didn't.
Maybe I heard it and made it my own.
Either way, I always say hellody.
And so does my family.
Hellody is our family greeting.
You walk in the door, you do not say hello.
You say hellody.
You call on the phone, you do not say hey.
You say hellody.
It's the way it is.
It's the way it's always been.
I don't know why.
Why do I say hellody?
I can't say.
I just do.
You're welcome to try it, too.
Open up a window.
Call up a friend.
Send a text.
Send an email.
Send a gorilla gram.
Say hellody.
You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment