Friday, May 8, 2015

The Week That Is


Most weeks, the SJG has not-so-much going on. A typical week finds me at the market, at the gym, walking the dog and walking myself around the house. I know, I know. You thought I was attended to all day by hunky, shirtless servants who cater to my every need. If I gave you that impression, it was completely intentional. But the truth is, the SJG's week is a lot like everyone's week. I get up, I do stuff, I try to go to sleep. Repeat, repeat, repeat.


Except this week is a so-much going on, my keppy is spinning kind of week. This week, the youngest son, the rapper known as Scott D, graduates college with a degree in film. He now knows how to watch films, talk about films, write about films, write, direct, produce and edit films. Given that glut of knowledge, he's now qualified to run an important movie studio. So watch your back, he's coming for your job. Or not. He wants to do something with music. What that is, who knows? It's a little vague at the moment. I'm sure traveling around Europe will clarify his goals. (Please don't tell him I'm coming along. That's his graduation surprise.)

The eldest, heading off to Thailand next week so I can worry more, has flown all the way from San Francisco for the graduation festivities. He goes back on Sunday. Hubby and I leave on Sunday, too, for New York. So I'm dealing with the what-to-pack and the what-to-serve for the post-graduation Saturday brunch. But these are all good things. Tell that to my Jewish DNA, which gets a bit confused at these times. Tell my Jewish DNA to enjoy the week before it's over and I look back and realize what a great week it was, too bad I was too busy to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment