Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Gee How Lucky Can You Get?

At the Ivy: John, the lovely and talented Robin Dearden, and
someone who wandered into the restaurant and said,
"Mind if I join you?"

It's true. When it comes to my brother John, I'm lucky. We've been partners in silliness since we were kids, always looking for ways to crack each other up, whether we were playing hide and seek in department stores, or dining in his old station wagon in the parking lot of Jack in the Box. So much fun and laughter. So many shared interests. So many memories. It's true. I couldn't ask for a kinder, more caring and hilarious brother. He's with me in good times and bad, always there, no matter the occasion. It's true. We keep each other going through all the craziness. How lucky am I? So lucky, it's ridiculous. Happy, happy birthday, John. It's true. You're still and will always be older than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment