Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Scenes From A French Wedding

Hmm. I'm thinking, I'm thinking. Where have I been in the past week? Well, I'm a little jet lagged, but it's coming back to me: Paris, then Charleville-Mézierès for a wedding, and then a party at a chateau. 
Aw, yes. This particular Rodin captures the look on my face at LAX pre-departure, when I discovered I'd left a key ingredient to my daily mental health back at the palatial estate. The solution to my faux pas: many frantic emails and a French "house" doctor who did his best to approximate my not-available-in-France happy pill and reassured me in a very thick accent, "Is good, oui?"
My wonderful traveling companions, Scotty... 
... and longtime hubby humored me through what shall forever be referred to as Le Petite Boo Boo.  
See, don't I look relatively stable here? And I'm not even locked to the bridge. Although it may have been discussed. 
Look who we bumped into in Charleville-Mézierès: 
The lovebirds, Billy and Chloé.
These three. How sweet it is. 
Chloé's sister Elodie and Julien get married at City Hall. 
The proud father Thierry walks Elodie down the aisle at the church for the second religious ceremony. 
And now it's time for the party at Chateau de Thugny, which looks shockingly like our castle back home. 
Oh wait, that's a lie. Ours is slightly smaller.
 
Let's face it, the young marrieds look magnifique anywhere. 
The DJ started at 1 a.m. The Pièce Montée was served at 2:15 a.m. The old marrieds made it till 2:30 a.m., a personal record. 

2 comments: