Friday, June 28, 2019

Words To Live By

"Don't interrupt me while I'm interrupting." 
If there's one thing the SJG really doesn't -- Wait, let me finish, hang on -- enjoy, it's when people, no names -- sorry, could you let me finish? -- mentioned, start in with the -- hey, seriously, give a gal a minute -- interruptions. Maybe this issue dates back to childhood, when I was just a shy little lass afraid to speak up, both at home and school. At some point, I found my voice, I broke out of my shell, and if I want to say something, I'm going to say it, damn it, with feeling, and without interrupting you, if I can manage it. Interrupting other people is so rude, don't you agree? This really hit home watching two nights -- that's it, go stand in the corner for a time out -- of debates. The candidates kept interrupting each other and ignoring the moderators and at some point, I stopped listening and started interrupting the debate and railing against the interruptions. Well, it's one way to spend an evening or two. And now, I leave you with a final thought for Friday. You're welcome.
What she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment