Friday, June 7, 2019

The Bathrooms Are Coming!

I'd heard about it from a Facebook friend and knew I couldn't resist "Bathtubs Over Broadway." I just couldn't, and trust me, neither can you. If you love musicals, you'll love this documentary on Netflix about the secret world of big budget, Broadway-style Industrial Musicals from long ago, some starring such Broadway talents as Martin Short, Andrea Martin, Chita Rivera and Florence Henderson, some starring people you've never heard of, but will fall in love with, believe you me. Produced by David Letterman, and set in the closing days of "The Late Show," the doc explores comedy writer Steve Young's crazy, life-changing obsession with this uplifting sub-genre of pop culture. General Electric, McDonald's, Ford, DuPont and Xerox are just a few of the corporations that get the splashy song and dance treatment. The one that stands out, of course, is called, "The Bathrooms Are Coming!" Enjoy, nice people. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment