Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear SJG

Dear SJG,
Facebook just reminded me it's my anniversary on Monday.  I'm assuming this means all of my close personal friends on Facebook will be sending expensive gifts.  I need more tchotkes like a kick in the head.  Is it tacky to ask for money, instead?  Hubby and I really need a vacation.  We're thinking Italy.
Thanks,
Registered at Expedia.com
Dear Registered,
It's always tacky to ask for money, but that's never stopped you before.
You're welcome,
SJG

Dear SJG,
My son leaves for college in one month.  I've offered to be his roomie, but he says no.  I'm so hurt, I can't see straight.  If it weren't for me, he'd still be wearing diapers.  How can he treat me like this, after everything I've done for him? 
Thanks,
Pathetic in Sherman Oaks

Dear Pathetic,
You're giving him too much power.  Just go, and sleep under his bed.  With any luck, he'll be too busy studying, volunteering at Hillel, and abstaining from alcohol and ganja to even notice.
You're welcome,
SJG

4 comments:

  1. Dear SJG,
    I already mailed you a hopefully clever 30th Anniversay Card & signed "Love". That's as good as my gift gets.
    Sign me,
    Cheapo in West Los Angeles
    P.S. Happy 30th! Wowser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bro',

    Thank you for the card, although, money would've be nicer.

    Kisses, SJG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would've been nicer, I meant. I've lost my ability to spell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear SJG,
    Send me your wish list of gifts. I will call the lifer who is your real roomie and give him hints (exact directions to store counters with GPS necessary,also name of store employees that have items on hold), as your chances of getting gifts/money/trip to Italy are only arms length away from you every night.
    Can I be any clearer?

    ReplyDelete