Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eat Pray Spend

You can look like this, too, but it's gonna cost ya.
Eat. Pray.  Love.  Spend.  It's not enough to read  the book, or see the movie when it opens this Friday.  Now you can look and smell like Elizabeth Gilbert or Julia Roberts-as-Elizabeth Gilbert.  Your call. 

The main thing is to shop till you drop dinero on the following:  Candles and moisturizing creams; jewelry, book marks and tote bags.  Furniture, food and tea.  Designer clothing by Sue Wong.  Prayer beads, scarves and stuff from countries Liz visits during her year-long, I Gotta Be Me journey.  'Course, all of this clever branding got me thinking. If "eat pray love" can do it, why the @#$% can't I? Why not, indeed.  Here's a sampling of the exciting new SJG line, coming to a lemonade stand near you. I'll be setting up here and there throughout Sherman Oaks, in an effort to raise funds for my latest environmental cause:  HelpGetTheEldestHisOwnPlace. True, it's not easy to look like a short Jewish gal, but it's important to try.  You can buy my flip-flop from Target.  My jewelry from Annie Glass in Santa Cruz.  My heart-shaped necklace, a gift from my sweet friend Carla.  No, wait, I'm keeping that.  My Zina pin.  Never mind, I'm not giving that up, either.  The fetching hat I wore at the eldest's graduation.  My Neutrogena Healthy Defense Moisturizer.  My Euphoria cologne, in the event that you'd like to smell as euphoric as the SJG.
Just some of the SJG items available soon
You can burn a cool candle I've used on many romantic occasions.  You can tote a straw handbag that belonged to my mother.  Actually, no you can't.  It's mine.  Hmm.  I may need to rethink some of the merchandise.  This is just a half-assed view of what I may or may not be featuring in my new line.  But if I can't sell the SJG, who can I sell?  Elizabeth Gilbert doesn't need my help. Neither does Julia Roberts.  I Gotta Be Me.  Who else can I be, if I'm not me?  Let me get back to you on that.

4 comments: