Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eyebrows and Earrings

The nice country boy or the nice country girl?  Both equally talented, equally Southern, equally likable.  The country boy borders on corny.  The country girl borders on insecure.  His eyebrow choreography, her gigantic earrings.  His deep voice.  Her girlish charm.  This year, American Idol went safe and yawny. The edgy ones went home, the ones with quirky appeal and astonishing talent.  Casey, Haley, James.  They're the ones I hope will soar.  I'm still rooting for them.  Scotty and Lauren Alaina arrived on the stage, a foregone conclusion, the anointed ones from the git-go.  So, here are your finalists.  Scotty and Lauren Alaina.  Nice country kids.  In it to win it.  Make room, Nashville.

2 comments:

  1. I liked James Durbin. I did not like Casey. And that guy who's dating Nikki Reed? How did he even get to Hollywood? He has no voice at all. I am indignant.

    mc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, MC. Scotty won. No surprise there.

    ReplyDelete